Your privacy is very important to Blue Diamond Growers (“we”, “our,” “us” or “Blue Diamond”). This Privacy Notice has been compiled to assist you(“you,” “your,” or “User”) to understand how we, and our affiliates and subsidiaries, collect, use and disclose your personal information.
This Privacy Notice describes our practices in connection with information that we collect through your use of the www.bluediamondalmonds.co.uk website (the “Site”), any mobile sites, applications, widgets, and other mobile interactive features associated with the Site (collectively, our “Apps”), through other services that we may offer in connection with our Site and Apps, such as contests or sweepstakes, through our official social media pages that we control (our “Social Media Pages”), as well as through email messages that we send to you (collectively, the Social Media Pages, Apps and Site, the “Sites”).
This notice does not apply to information collected or obtained by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Sites.
Collection of Your Personal Information
Personal information (“Personal Information”) is data that can be used to identify, either directly or indirectly, an individual to whom the information applies. The information that we may collect from you includes your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, occupation, login information (account number, password), marketing preferences, social media account information, and as applicable and legal, IP address.
Blue Diamond will not collect any Personal Information about you unless you voluntarily choose to provide it to us or our partners (e.g. to obtain a newsletter subscription, recipes, participate in surveys, register for marketing events, promotions or job applications), you provide your explicit consent, or unless it is permitted by applicable laws and regulations. You can always “opt out” at any time by emailing email@example.com, click the “unsubscribe” link in applicable email or visit the Blue Diamond web page for contact information to exercise your rights to be forgotten.
By accessing, browsing, or otherwise using the Sites, you acknowledge and consent to our collection and use of information as set forth in this Privacy Notice. PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY NOTICE CAREFULLY. YOUR USE OF THE SITES CONSTITUTES YOUR CONSENT TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE. DO NOT USE THE SITES IF YOU ARE UNWILLING OR UNABLE TO CONSENT TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE.
This Privacy Notice applies only to your use of the Sites, and was last updated as of 20/01/2020. Blue Diamond may revise this Privacy Notice at any time and such revision shall be posted here and accessible via this link: https://www.bluediamondalmonds.co.uk/privacy-policy. Any revision and/or addition to this Privacy Notice shall become effective and binding on you when you continue to use the Sites on or after the effective date of such revision and/or addition.
The Information We Collect
Information You Choose to Provide to Blue Diamond
When using the Sites, you may choose to provide us with certain personal information, including:Your name and contact information to subscribe to a newsletter and/or other similar types of marketing materials;
• Your name and contact information to subscribe to a newsletter and/or other similar types of marketing materials;
• Your name, contact information, and other related information to inquire into Blue Diamond products, to report a problem with our Sites, or to contact customer service;
• Your name, contact information, demographics, and product preferences when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us;
• Your name, contact information, and other related information when you provide us with information, such as product reviews, to be published or posted on public areas of the Sites, or transmitted to other users of the Sites or to third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Contributions are submitted at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Sites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons; and
• Your name, the name of your company or organization (if applicable), the nature of that company or organization (if applicable), address, city, state, e-mail address, and other contact or similar information in order to contact us and submit a message, request, or other comments or content (individually and collectively, “User Message”).
Information Collected Via Your Use of our Sites
We may collect information about you when you are using the Site in a number of different ways; for example:
• We may collect and track your IP address; and
Information We Collect Automatically
We may now or in the future use tools, including third-party analytical software, to collect automatically certain data about the computer or other device you use to reach our Sites, without any active submission of information from you, such as:
• Device properties including, but not limited to, unique or other device identifiers;
• Device operating system and firmware;
• IP address (i.e., a number that is automatically assigned to your device or computer used to access the Site, and allows us to identify your device or computer) and Internet service provider;
• Mobile phone carrier;
• Geographical data such as country or region; and
• Other similar data.
This information may be collected via several technologies, including cookies, web beacons, clear GIFs and other means. All of this information belongs to us, and we use it to improve effectiveness, content, layout and/or operation of our Site. You can remove certain cookies by following the directions in your Internet browser’s “help” file (see below). If you disable cookies, your ability to use areas of the Site may be limited.
How We Use Your Information
In general, we do not and will not share your personally identifiable information except as set forth in this Privacy Notice. We do not sell, transfer, and/or share your personally identifiable information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
We use the information we collect from you when you browse our Sites in the following manner:
You can opt-out of certain use(s) of your personal information, as described below.
How We Use Automatically Collected Information
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and generally does not contain personal information. However, we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. We will use this automatically-collected information to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests;
• Speed up your searches; and
• Recognize you when you return to our Sites.